Thursday, April 16, 2009

15 months!

While compiling my list of "things Em is into," I realized that it was more a list of my failures as a parent. For example, my sweet little girl has learned the word "no" and likes to shake her head if she doesn't like or agree with what you've asked her to do. She crosses her arms across her chest as if to say "no way." She has a new love for M&Ms (my fault) and jelly beans (Auntie Elna's fault). Oh, and this just in, the child refuses to allow anyone to remove her Crocs from her feet. I know, my fault. I should never have purchased those hideous things to begin with. I just thought, they are pink maryjanes, waterproof, and would be perfect for summer and the lake. In other words, I've clearly lost my mind. It only took 15 months of parenthood to reach this all-time low. Crocs.

In addition to my failures, other things to report at 15 months are:

  • Emily has learned a few new words like cat and SHOES(!), though she still sticks to her favorites- dog and dada.
  • Speaking of shoes, she loves them! (That's my girl). She'll go into my closet, get some of my sandals, and try to put them on her feet. Then she'll walk very carefully out of the bathroom and into the bedroom all while making sure the shoe doesn't fall off. I really am so proud.
  • She is letting us know when she has a wet diaper.
  • At times, she will answer our questions with a nod or shake of her head. (I still cannot believe this one).
  • She still hates to brush her teeth, 13 of them to exact.
  • You can bribe her with M&Ms. See infra.
  • She stomps her foot (just one) when you won't give her her way and she is mad. (I guess this should actually go above in the part about how I've failed because my sweet girl has learned all of these "bad" habits. But this one is so cute and really makes me laugh).
  • She says "nuh nuh nuh nuh..." when she wants something. Last night it was more raisins, eww.
  • She loves to dip her crackers, fries, chips, anything really. This is definitely a trait she picked up from me. But what's funny is once she discovers the dip, she eats only that and forgets about the fry, chip, cracker, etc. Sometimes she foregoes the "utensil" completely and just uses her fingers :o).
  • She points out the mouse on each of the pages of Goodnight Moon.

No. Birthday. Pictures!

What? Oh, I get M&Ms?

I LOVE pictures!

Bonus pic- Can you see my tongue?

5 comments:

donnie said...

Happy 15 month BDay princess. Daddy loves you.

Unknown said...

Oh, the raisins are my fault, too. I brought her a box the other day and she ate the whole thing! She told me it was ok though since her mama lets her have all the grapes she wants...

Christine said...

so stinking cute. this post made me laugh outloud at least 3 times.

Christine said...

ps i love how you sit her up on the island like d sits tanner up there for ten minutes before his walk. hehe.

miSchelle said...

hahhahhaa!!! soooo cute...LOVE the part about the Crocs! yup, I LOL'd!