Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm 1 everybody!

Did I mention that Em turned one last week? Well, she did. And I'm not sure if it's just me knowing she is one or the fact that she is one, but she seems like such a big girl all of a sudden. This past month has been full of new things:

  • She's a dancing queen. She knows how to bounce, twist, and do this funny hand thing (like she's turning on the faucet). This is what she does whenever she hears music or singing.
  • She will repeat these words: duck, dog, turtle, balloon...um, omg, I've forgotten the others. How awful is that?
  • She sits facing forward in the car now.
  • She has a new (i.e., goofy) smile whenever she sees a camera now. Like she's squinting at it.
  • She'll bring her favorite books (especially Hello, Hook Em) to me and say, "die-doe." Then she'll stand really still or sit in my lap so that I'll read them to her.
  • She loves the swings, shee-shaw, and slides at the park.
  • She'll pull and tug on me (whatever part she can reach- my clothes, hands, arms, legs) when she wants me to hold her. I love that.
  • She motions "come", "want", and "hold" with her hands. It's all the same hand motion, but she uses it at all the right times. She especially likes calling Tanner towards her and telling me to "hold" her or pick her up. (She alternates this hand motion with the above-mentioned tug).
  • She has 8 teeth now, but hates brushing them.
  • She no longer likes Cheerios. We used to mix them with these yogurt melts, but she figured it out and would feed all the Cheerios to Tanner and keep the yogurt melts for herself.
  • She had cake for the first time this month. No surprise that she loves it.


  • Oops, I forgot her stats. Here they are: weight- 21 lbs 13 oz (50th percentile), height- 29 in. (40th percentile), and head- 17 3/4 in. (I think)(50th percentile).

    1 comment:

    Rachel said...

    We love Hello Hook 'Em at our house, too! And your posting about being a blog stalker is hilarious because I thought I was the only one who read blogs written by people I don't know! :)