Thursday, January 22, 2009

Confessions of a Blog Stalker

Seriously, I am obsessed. Each morning (or afternoon, or whenever I'm bored, really), I click on my favorite links to see what my favorite strangers are up to. These strangers (and their children) have become my "friends." I'm certain that I read more strangers' blogs than I do friends' blogs (Steph, maybe you can change this ratio by creating one for Keaton). I've been doing this for a couple of months now. But today, I saw something that sort of made me feel weird for checking in on my "friends." I saw a ticker/counter at the bottom of one of my favorite stranger's blogs- a live feed. Not only does it count the number of visitors the site has had (which is actually pretty cool), but it tells you where the visitors are located. For example, it says something like this: "Live from Houston, Texas by way of www.baby-bolton.blogspot.com". OMG. Um, now these strangers will be able to see just how often I stalk! So you know what I did? I indulged and decided to add one of these counters to my own blog. I know I only have about 5 readers (Donnie and myself included), but I don't care. Someday, I'm going to see a strange city pop up and I will be so flattered that some stranger has fallen in love with our daughter and is wanting to know what she's been up to. In a non-creepy kind of way, of course.

2 comments:

Vela Family said...

Meeting blog friends are the best! I have so many random blogs I go to. I love to check on Baby Emily because she's so close in age to Grace - it's fun to see how much they have in common. I was especially shocked to see Baby Emily has the same smocked cherry dress as Grace. Is your's Zuccini too? Grace's nursery is cherries and her first birthday is cherries theme too. Maybe since you're not too far the girls can play one day :)

PS Grace is a future Longhorn too!!

Aimee said...

Hi Grace's mom! I check on Baby Grace for the same reasons...I love seeing what other babies Em's age are up to. That and the fact that Grace is so pretty! Yes, Emily's cherry dress is by Zuccini. I am a sucker for all things smocked. And I love dressing Emily in clothes with fruits on them- cherries, strawberries, watermelons :o). Thanks, Elsa, for the "introduction".