Thursday, October 16, 2008

Emily Kate is 9 months old

I know. Already. I have loved every single minute of watching her grow. It does make me sad at times to realize that time really does pass quickly, but I guess that's why we make memories. So today my baby girl is 9 months old, which means that in just 3 months, she'll be 1. ONE!!! Okay, I'm not ready to think about that just yet. Instead, I'll look back on all the memories that we've made this past month and share some of them with you. Since I didn't do this for months 0-8, I'll try my best to only report on the things Em has learned this last month.

Standing by herself? Check. She's also cruising all over the place. Sometimes she thinks she can even walk. See supra.

Walking? Almost. She can walk if she has something to push, like a wagon or a big box. Emily is also kneeling all the time. I'm not sure if this is a milestone or what not, but I think it's a big deal :o).

Talking? Oh my gosh, so much. We think she may have said "dada", but I will need to hear her say it again before I give Donnie this one.

Eating well? Umm, have you seen her pictures? She is still a great eater. Her favorite treat is pancakes.

High chairs? Well, let me clarify...public high chairs? Unfortunately, yes. I broke down and bought a fancy high chair cover so now Emily can sit like a big girl at a restaurant and eat her pancakes. (Surely you did not think that I made them!). She loves sitting all by herself at the table. It is very cute.

Spitting up? Nope. Not anymore!!! It's as if she just all of a sudden got tired of it or unilaterally decided that she just did not have time for it with all her newfound mobility.

Bows? Yeah, she still doesn't like those. :o(

Longhorn football? Yup, she went to her first football game...sort of.

Em also claps when you say "yay!" She started doing this closer to 7 months, but I never reported it so thought I would include it now.

Other tricks? For a short time, she liked doing the following things: blowing raspberries when she didn't want anymore milk or food or when she tasted something she didn't like (she still does this); making "ugly" faces by squinching up her nose and smiling, but those faces weren't ugly at all, we just called it her ugly face; and lastly, standing up in her crib, throwing herself back with all her might, and laughing as if it was the funniest thing to scare Mommy.
Daddy picked out the sexy outfit. Good thing she's only 9 months old and can get away with it.
Didn't I tell you that she loved Tanner's toys? And yes, that's her name embroidered on her bloomers.
Those are Tanner's camo balls (no kidding, that's what they are called). Emily has decided, once again unilaterally, that that toy is now hers. Happy birthday, sweet girl!

No comments: