Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It happened.

Smiling. She has no idea what's coming.
I loosened my grip on my baby girl quite a bit today. It was just as awful as I imagined it would be. Today was Baby Em's first day of Kids Day Out. There was little clinging and no tears from Emily. But me? Yeah, lots of tight hugs and a few tears (only once I got to the car). Emily looked so scared. It pretty much broke my heart. We peeked in on her, and she was sitting down reading a book. By herself. And she looked scared. (Tear). Then she moved on to a table where there were puzzles. Again, she looked so scared. She would watch the other kids playing, but never joined them. Thinking of her makes me want to cry all over again. Good thing I get to pick her up in a few hours. We're going to go have ice cream with candy sprinkles. Hopefully she'll forgive me.

Such a brave girl (with Ms. Robin).

Reading a book. I wonder if someone put her there or if she sat down on her own.

(Tears).

2 comments:

Christine said...

awww i am really sad too. :(

miSchelle said...

oh my goodness, aim. that MUST be so hard. hang in there mommy, you are doing awesome! xo