I think I'm getting to the point where I need to stop counting her age in terms of months. I mean, she's one and a half. With another month to grow on. This past month, it has become apparent just how quickly Emily picks up on things and how much she imitates us. Here are some examples:
- She uses her shirt to wipe Tanner's mouth. (Yes, it gets wiped each time he drinks water).
- "Ditty, ditty,"showing me her dirty hands. "Let's go wipe them," I responded. She gave me a look like I was wasting her time, pushed my arm aside (I was kneeling next to her and resting my arm on my knee), and wiped those dirty little hands all over my shirt. Nice. (Obviously, another thing she picked up from Dada. Except D uses his own shirt, not mine).
- She pretends to be sleeping. She told her auntie one afternon, "night, night." Auntie: "No Em, let's go change your diaper." Em: "Shhh. Night, night," and closed her eyes.
- She calls for us now. She'll scream "Mama! Mama!" or "Dadaaaaaaa!" if she needs something or if she just wants to see us.
- She thinks Tanner needs shoes, too.
- "No, no" is her response of choice when we ask her to do or stop doing something.
- She knocks on doors when she wants into a room.
- She pats Aaron's leg and rubs his back to try to rock him to sleep, "Night, night." I think this is so sweet.
Some other new things this last month are:
- Vocabulary words! She has so many new ones, I'd never be able to recite them all. Some of my faves are circle (pronounced suhsul), purple (or puhpuh), zebra (papa), pink, hippo (popo), push, "I sit down", dirty (ditty), Tanner (tah-toh), Aaron (a-ya or air-a), Dylan (deety), Todd (tah), money (meme), M&Ms (meme), necklace (neckace), whoa, backpack, frog, flower (fowfow), and boobies (bebes or boobees). And glasses stopped sounding like asses and now sounds more like sahsah?
- (Update, I just thought of some more words: juice, water (wawa), and milk (mook)).
- She can also name most of her body parts (this includes peepee and boobies, see above).
- She got her first pedicure. And then her second one.
- She signs and says "more" at the same time.
- Instead of bye, bye. See you. Em says, "bye, bye. See see."
"Yay!" (Tanner gave her a kiss and let her pet him. And can I tell you how much I love this dress?!).
1 comment:
aimee your daughter knows boobies. lol.
Post a Comment