Friday, July 24, 2009

My Wedding Dress!

So I'm jumping on the Kelly's Korner- Show Us Your Life bus. Each week, Kelly does a "Show Us" something. And this week, I just could not not participate. It's "Show Us Your Wedding Dress" Friday, and I have to say, aside from my groom (and the resulting marriage, obviously), my dress was my most favorite thing about our wedding day. We had a beautiful wedding. But if we were to do it again, there are so many things I'd change...like the flowers, centerpieces, seat covers, venue, etc. I would not, however, choose a different dress. I love every memory that is associated with that dress, from trying it on- Mom and I knowing that it was the dress but pretending to love other dresses just as much because they were less expensive, picking out the veil, my fittings, and then anxiously awaiting its delivery at the church just hours before the wedding. (Oh, and after the wedding, I was browsing online and saw that my dress was one of "New York Magazine's Picks" in 2004. If you know me, you'll know that this (not so) secretly makes me smile).

[This is where I would insert pictures of the dress. However, my digital images are too large to be uploaded so blogger is kicking them out. Boo. So here's what blogger would post].


I loved the way the dress bustled.

Posing for our staged exit :o)

P.S. I had the dress heirloomed and cannot wait to show it to Emily when she gets engaged (don't worry Dada, that's at least 25 or 30 years from now, I hope). Not that I expect her to want to wear it. I just really look forward to the day when we can make the same memories that my mother and I had finding that perfect dress. Awww.

3 comments:

donnie said...

You were the most beautiful bride honey, and emily will be too, 25 yrs from now.

Unknown said...

I loved reading about your dress shopping experience. How sweet.
The dress is gorgeous.

miSchelle said...

that is awesome. donnie is right, you made the most beautiful bride!
i get teary reading this because i sooo wish we were able to be there to share your and donnie's special day. may your love be endless, just as our friendship. love you!