
I played hooky Friday afternoon and took Em to the Children's Museum with her Auntie Elna and cousin Aaron. This was the babies' first time to visit the museum, and they had a great time. We stayed upstairs in the tot spot so Em and Aaron could run around and play without getting trampled by the big kids. Speaking of other kids, I was amazed to see Em and Aaron interact with the other children. But what was so nice was seeing how incredibly mild tempered, kind, and sweet Em and Aaron were compared to the other children (not that I'm surprised). Seriously, they were so much more well behaved than the others (not that I'm one to judge, ha). They never pushed or grabbed toys from other children. They waited their turn everywhere, without being asked to, and if it was too crowded at a particular station, they just moved on and went somewhere else. When other kids stole their toys, they didn't seem to care and would just go get something else. (Also amazing to me was that other parents don't seem to care when their kids push or steal toys from other kids. WTH?). Anyway, the babies had a great time and then enjoyed juice and popcorn before we left. (I'm pretty sure snack time ranked way up there with the baby sink, see below). I loved being a regular parent, not a crazy working parent who feels like any time with her children during the weekday will result in very bad things (although some of that feeling lurked while I was at the museum, it was outweighed by the babies' smiles).
Don't you just love the way she tilts her head and smiles? Get ready boys!


2 comments:
NO BOYS ALLOWED
D - give it a few years. You're in trouble.
A-ron has a baby Lacoste shirt alraedy????
SOOOO cute.
Post a Comment