Tuesday, December 16, 2008

:*(

That's a tear. Because today is December 16th. Which means that our daughter is 11 months old. I know I say it a lot, but...Oh. My. Gosh. I just cannot believe it. While I'd like to put off thinking about her 1st birthday, I instead obsess about making sure her 1st birthday party is perfect- invitations, cake, outfit, decor, favors, menu, drinks, something to put the drinks in, you name it, it's probably crossed my mind (or at least I hope it has). But before we get ahead of ourselves, I think a recap of the last month is warranted:
  • Emily is walking everywhere. Sometimes she thinks she's capable of running, but she's quickly reminded that she's not quite there yet. Ouch.
  • She will wave hi and bye if she feels like it.
  • She's discovered her pointer finger and uses that thing more than I'd like. But I have to admit, when I come home or into a room and she sees me, she will point and smile at me and I just melt.
  • She no longer likes baby food. She much prefers finger foods.
  • She pretends to talk on the phone, putting objects up to her ear and tilting her head. She'll say, "Hah." Translation, "hi." Very cute.
  • She met Santa and is not a fan. Yet. I keep telling her that he'll leave great gifts under the tree for her, but I don't think she cares.
  • Everytime she sees her microphone toy, she puts it right up to her mouth and starts talking.
  • Each morning, she goes over to her activity center, or "circle of neglect" as I've heard it referred to, and looks in the flower/bowl for Cheerios. Then she shares them with Tanner. How sweet!
  • Speaking of Tanner, she gets really excited to see him sometimes. Now that she can walk, she'll go right up to him, bend down, and put her hand in front of him for some kisses.
  • She can stand up from any position now and doesn't even need to hold on to anything to pull herself up. I'm convinced her legs are so strong because of all this "walking" she does on her knees. It's so funny to see. If you've ever done this weird thing, it's a bit tough on your quads. I know this because I tried it.
  • She went to a fancy Christmas party where the entertainment was...Miley Cyrus. Told you it was fancy.
  • Emily got to see it snow in Houston!
  • And most recently, Em had to say goodbye to her cousin, Jilly. Double boo. We miss her.

What a big girl!
Playing with her favorite toy- Daddy's blackberry.
She loves putting the lid back on her sippy cup (or water bottle).
Her favorite- grilled cheese!
Already waiting at the fireplace for Santa!

P.S. How cute are those pjs? A gift from Aunt Steph.

1 comment:

Christine said...

you forgot to add:

1. She's no pushover. She fights for her toys.

2. She likes to fall backwards (like tiiimbbber) and laugh.