Remember long ago when I missed Em's first crawl? Well, it happened again...sort of. This time I missed Em's first big-girl steps. Our nanny told Donnie that today, Em took TWO steps all by herself. She did this twice! And Donnie and I missed it. I cannot tell you how sad I am to have missed yet another milestone. I guess that's just the life of a working mom. (Woe is me. Okay, not at all. While I'd much rather be home with Em everyday, I do acknowledge that I choose to work, AND that I have the best scenario possible...for a lawyer, that is. Still, days like this are really hard).
I'm still at work, but Em is home with Donnie. I made him promise not to practice walking with her until I got home. Selfish of me? Yes. But I'll be damned if I miss it again! I honestly thought we had a good month until Em started walking, but she has been walking really well while holding onto my fingers so I guess I am not that surprised. And duh, this is Emily that we're talking about- you know, genious, wonder, amazing, omg-I-can't-believe-she's-mine child. So tonight, after I put Em to bed, I will mark this on her calendar: "9 mos. 6 days old- Em takes her first TWO steps." And I will cry.
12 years ago
2 comments:
the shortest thing to ever take steps. hehe
be nice shorty.
Post a Comment