Thursday, August 28, 2008

Whew!

So yesterday was Wednesday...as in Emily's first day of Kids' Day Out. It turned out to be a great day. In fact, I did not even cry when I left Emily that morning. Why, you ask? It was not because I had cried at least a little every day since last Friday when we went to orientation and am now out of tears. It's because Emily missed her first day. And actually, she's going to be absent every Wednesday for the rest of the school year. Yup, she's not going to KDO this year. This was decided Tuesday when I learned what Emily's pediatrician thought about KDO. His "recommendation" was to keep Emily out of KDO (and day care, school, etc.) until she was at least 18 months old. He had several reasons, but the 2 that I found most compelling were (1) kids this young don't actually benefit much from KDO, and (2) they get sick too easily! Now, what kind of mother would I be if I suscepted my child to illness for no reason? I had no choice but to pull her from the program...yeah, no choice.

Okay, you can call B.S. on that. I am ecstatic that Baby Em doesn't have to go to school yet! Not only do pediatricians know how to fix babies, but they also know how to mend mothers' wounds. So smart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You had ABSOLUTELY no choice. I'm proud of you!