Monday, November 16, 2009

T minus 2 months

...until Emily is TWO! Twenty. Two. Months. Old. Wow. I know I say it every month, but my gosh, time is passing by so quickly. And with that, my baby girl is becoming quite the big girl. While I am not ready for her to grow up so fast, I am absolutely loving seeing her do so. Here's a glimpse of what we've been observing:

  • Emily has needs now. Our conversation one morning: "Cake, Mommy. I need cake." "You need cake?" "Yes." She also needs things like pants (always, even with dresses), candy, a pen and paper, "daygo" (aka Diego bandaids for her booboos), and milk.
  • Almost every morning, she wakes up and wants milk. "I need mook. Daddy get it for me?"
  • She tells stories. She gave Aaron a "love bite" last week and still talks about it. She's "sawsee" (sorry) that she bit Ya-ya with her "teef" in her mouth.
  • Baby dolls. She is obsessed with them. Tanner is not allowed to touch her baby. "Tahtoe, NOT touch my baby!" Her favorite doll was a gift from Aunt Tata. Em has named her "Taba." She's sometimes called "Pink" or something that sounds like that.
  • She really likes to draw. Everytime she sees a pen, she "needs" it. If she doesn't get it? Well, we might have a meltdown.
  • Speaking of which, she is such a faker! She can, and will, have a meltdown whenever she doesn't get her way. I imagine she gets this from me.
  • She recognizes her name when it's written and asks us to "draw Emy's name."
  • She will tell you her name is "Emy Kate."
  • She sticks out her tongue when she's concentrating on a task.
  • She thinks it's hilarious when she undresses herself. Especially when she takes off her diaper. If she has trouble, she'll say, "dress, off! pants, off! diaper, off!"
  • Bounce, bounce, bounce. Jump, jump, jump. She does this on the couch after she's successfully gotten us to remove the cushion by threatening us with a meltdown.
  • She is talking so much! I so love her sweet voice. (This reminds me, I really need to take more videos of her).
  • We made an emergency visit to the doctor last week because she complained to her teacher several times that her belly hurt. I was so worried because she had never told us something like that before. Nevermind that she probably didn't know how to tell us before now! Turned out that she probably just had too much juice at her fall festival. Oops!
  • Until Friday, we managed to avoid the doctor for several months. (Yay!) So since we were there, we got her stats: weight = 27 lbs 12 oz and height = 33 inches.

(Some new things I forgot to mention)

  • Em loves to sing. Her favorites are The Wheels on the Bus, the ABCs, and the Barney song. After we're done singing, she'll say, "AGAIN!"
  • She surprised us the other day when she was pushing her baby around in the stroller by saying, "Excuse me Tahtoe." He was blocking her path. She waited patiently for me to come help move Tanner out of the way since there's no way he'd do it on his own. :o)
  • She's getting better about counting, but usually waits for us to start before she'll chime in.
  • "Emy do it" is heard very often these days.
  • And tantrums? Oh my, there are lots of those, too.

Trying to figure out how to get Tanner off her baby.

"Bobos off my baby." She was so patient and watched him for so long. (See the tongue? That's her concentrating on her patience). He never moved.

Cheesing for the camera. (I'm going to have to talk with her about this not-so-award winning smile).

Cheese!

Finally!

1 comment:

Christine said...

awww so cute!

can't wait to see her this weekend!!