Friday, October 16, 2009

The big 2-1!

Emily's newest "cheese" face.

Yup, she's 21 months old today. Can you believe it? If you've seen her lately, you most certainly would. She is a big girl these days and talking so, so much. She started today off with an icky fever, so we had to miss school. But she's acting fine, so I'm crossing my fingers. (Update, finally fever free on Monday).

Here's what's been going on at our house this past month.
-Emily is beginning to speak in sentences. Her longest to date? "I sit down right here."
-She knows her colors and basic shapes. No, this does not include octagon.
-She sometimes tells us when it's time for bed. She'll see a picture of a bear or rabbit sleeping and she'll say, "night night." Then she'll grab my hand and take me to "Emy's room."
-Lately though, she has not been wanting to sleep in her room. She'll wiggle out of my arms and tell me, "night night. Mommy's room."
-And that's another thing. I'm now Mommy, not Mama. I tried to correct her, but it didn't work. How sad.
-She calls her aunts and uncles by their names now. Sort of. Elna and Lynda are both Hauntie, with an "h."
-She refers to herself and her things in third person. She's "Emy."
-She also understands possession now. "That's my mommy's car. That's my daddy's car. That's my (or Emy's) car." Same with shoes. And purses. Yup, D's computer bag is his purse.
-She practices learning her colors when she eats M&Ms. She will tell me what color her "meme" is before she puts it in her mouth. She does this on her own, without me asking.
-She greets us with a very enthusiastic "hi!" both in the middle of the night and in the morning after she wakes.
-When she wants my attention or wants me to follow her, she will literally push my butt and say, "Mommy, no sit down." She also says "Mommy, no night night" and tries to open my eyes with her little fingers when I pretend to sleep.
-She sings along to the Barney song. Song: annoying. Emily: so cute.
-When I get ready in the morning, she often comes up to me and wraps her arms around my neck. I love this so much.
-She LOVES school. She'll go get her backpack, say bye-bye, and mumble something about play with Robin, Ya-ya, and Annie (always in that order). (Her 2 teachers and Aaron, of course).
-She can put on and take off her shoes. She loves "new shoes!" and will show them off to people, even if they aren't new.
-Instead of "me, too!", she says, "I, too!"
-"Yeah" was her affirmative word of choice, but we nipped that in the bud after a week and now she says, "Yes!"
Some pictures from this past month:

"I draw sursul."




3 comments:

Christine said...

aimee: donnie, we need to do something about emily saying "yeah"

donnie: yeah

donnie said...

whatever. we aren't sure where she picked it up from.

Christine said...

hey i'm just quoting aim. i didnt make it up!