Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Uh oh

Emily has learned "uh oh", and it is so cute. Sometimes it comes out more like "oh oh." Either way, this phrase is somewhat fitting given our recent night. Em came down with yet another cold on Monday and did not have a good night. She couldn't breathe and just could not sleep. So what did I do? I kicked Donnie out of bed (and onto the floor) so that she could sleep with me. Though I slept in ten minute increments (not by choice), I awoke to Donnie yelling some expletive and hearing a little thump. OMG! I jumped out of bed and ran to the other side, where Donnie was sleeping (thank God). Emily had somehow snuck over the pillow barrier and fallen off our (very high) bed and onto her daddy. My heart stopped as I waited for her to wail. By the time I got to her, which was likely 1 second later, she had already taken a look at her dada, put her head on his shoulder, and gone back to sleep. Bless her heart. After I realized she was just fine, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Since the day she was born, I have woken up nearly every night in a fright because I thought she was rolling off the bed, even when she was sound asleep in her crib. (Everytime, it is Tanner trying to jump off the bed). I cannot believe my nightmare has become a reality, but I thank my lucky stars that her daddy was there to catch her...just as he will be for the rest of her life. Thanks, Honey.

3 comments:

Christine said...

holy shit! (donnie)

LMAO

donnie said...

Anytime honey & Emily.

miSchelle said...

awesome. i love that. :)