- Lol. Our daughter has a sense of humor. E.g., the other morning, as we tried to will her back to sleep so we wouldn't have to wake up when it was still dark out (darn daylight savings), Em, well, passed gas (loudly) not once, but twice. Since D and I were still half asleep, we only smiled to ourselves. But Emily thought it was hilarious and laughed so hard. We could not help but crack up, too (no pun intended). And because she has a good sense of humor, I doubt she would be too embarrassed that I'm sharing this story.
- She is becoming so perceptive. She can point out lots of animals in her books (like monkeys, turtles, fish, dogs, ducks, and sometimes even elephants). And when she sees a picture of a telephone, she immediately puts her hand up to her ear, tilts her head, and says some form of hello or hi.
- She can put pieces of her puzzles together. At first I just watched her carefully choose the perfect animal (puzzle piece), but I just thought she was sorting through them, like she often does. But then she went straight to the board and put the giraffe in its spot. I had not really taught her this yet so it was a big surprise.
- She has a great memory and sometimes has to remind us of things. E.g., she dropped one of her toys down the stairs one morning. That afternoon, we were looking through books, and I asked her where the turtle was. She repeated turtle to us 3 times, got up, and went to her bucket to find, what else, her turtle. But it wasn't there. So then she walked over to the stairs and pointed down. What was she talking about, we thought? So D went down to look and guess what was down there? Em's turtle!
- She always smiles when we ask her for a high five.
- She gives the BEST kisses. She'll even grab your neck, face, or head (whatever she can grab) and plant a big kiss on your cheek. That, or she'll bite your nose. These kisses are even accompanied by a "muah." It is precious.
- She follows directions well. Yesterday I asked her to bring me her shoes. She went to the bathroom, picked up her shoes, and brought them right to me. If we give her a treat and tell her to give it to Tanner, she will walk straight over to him and put the treat in his mouth. Surprisingly, he will actually take it from her instead of walking off.
- And oh, how she loves Tanner...even when he isn't nice to her. She will just follow him around with her little finger out and wait patiently for a kiss from him. She is also so gentle on the seldom occasions when he sits still enough for her to pet him.
- She waves and says hi and bye, although it is sometimes delayed.
- She says "choo choo" and sort of pumps her arms (like a train, get it?).
- She really likes caps and lids. She will take them off and put them back on everything- my lipsticks, lipliners, water bottles, tupperware, anything. She is also facinated with pictures and picture frames. She loves carrying them around.
- She likes to push her baby dolls around in her car.
- This just in, she learned "nose" and will point to hers, mine, and Donnie's whenever we ask. (She will also stick out her tongue on command!)
She's coming!
What is she up to, looking so sneaky?
5 comments:
I LOVE this! I miss you so much--now I feel a little closer. xoxo Big hugs to all of you!
we miss you, too, mischelle! so glad you are checking up on us.
she's morphing into dylan!
That would have to be a well behaved Dylan.
What's gonna work--Teamwork!! We watch Wonder Pets ALL the time around here. Brody loves that show. (I have to admit that I think it's pretty cute, too.)
Post a Comment