Sunday, January 11, 2009

Goodbye denial, hello nausea

There is no more denying the fact that our baby girl is about to be a whopping 12 months old. As in 1 year old. And well, I feel a tad bit sick. (No, I'm not pregnant. Are you crazy?). I think I've handled it pretty well. By that, I mean there have been no tears. Unless you count those that merely collected yet did not fall earlier tonight as I was putting away yet more of the baby clothes that Baby Em has outgrown. Certainly I am not the only mommy who feels this way (about the big 1st birthday, not the putting away too-small clothes...that part I'm sure is just me). But I concede. This is just another one of those times when I have to remind myself that everything is not about me. Maybe I can work up some genuine excitement by Thursday; after all, we're taking Emily to Crave Cupcakes for her 1st red velvet cupcake on Friday. (Nevermind that I'll get one, too. Because, remember? Friday is Emily's day).

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Girl, you had me on a completely different track when I saw the title of this post!! :)

I can't believe a year has passed so quickly! What a beautiful baby girl. Happy Birthday, Emily!

Christine said...

that bow is half the size her head!