Monday, November 17, 2008

Emily is 10 months old

I cannot believe it. As the holidays approach, I can't help but think back to where we were one year ago. We were frantically trying to get Em's nursery together, painting her room, running to Pottery Barn Kids every weekend because I found something else Em just had to have, attending baby showers, and watching my belly get bigger by the day. If you were to ask me back then if I'd do it all again, I would have said, "no way." But if you asked me the same question even minutes after I looked into Em's eyes, my answer would have been, and still is, "in a heartbeat." The idea of having a baby is so much different than the reality of having one. But oh my gosh, who knew that the reality would be so much better!

So yesterday we celebrated Em's 10 month birthday by going to the Co-op, Em and Daddy's favorite store, and Crave (cupcakes), Mommy's fav. Here are some of Em's most recent milestones:

-She has 4 teeth (all on the bottom...obviously, I haven't gotten over that yet)
-She started walking!!!
-She can say "dada", "mama", "nah nah nah", "yee yee yee yeah", and some other made up words. Her favorite word is "dada."
-Sometimes she folds her arms when she has had enough of whatever it may be at the moment...wonder where she got that from. She also likes to cover her eyes with both hands when she's really mad. It is so funny.
-She initiates peek-a-boo using either her hands or a blanket.
-She likes pancakes, grilled cheese, cheese quesadillas, and mac and cheese.
-She'll fold her hands like she's really waving at you.
-If she's in a good mood, she'll share her paci with you.
-She went to her first wedding.
-Did I mention that she learned to walk?!
-And the most recent- she graduated from her infant carrier to a big-girl convertible car seat. (This, naturally, makes me very sad because it's yet another reminder of how quickly she is growing).

Our wild haired monkey up from her nap.

All dressed up to attend her first wedding.

I caved and got her a girly bouncy ball.

"Can I help you?"

Happy girl!

6 comments:

Christine said...

oh. my. God.

she is too cute.

I don't think I can leave now. :( (D, refrain from comments please.)

And no, little miss em cannot have a dress for $182 bucks!!!

donnie said...

Boo aunt Tina. I will try to come visit
you but I don't have a nice outfit to wear.

Christine said...

you cant wear that sundress in NYC em. it's too cold.

Aimee said...

maybe not miss tina, but those jeans sure would.

Aimee said...

...keep me warm (from em, who was a little too fast in hitting publish).

Christine said...

hey her room threw up on your page! hehe jk very cute