Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Say it ain't so!

Um, I begin this blog with much hesitation because I'm afraid putting my thoughts in writing will turn what once were just ideas into reality. But then I tell myself, convince myself, that there is NO WAY this will be reality. She is, after all, my daughter. What am I referring to, you ask? Well, I'm afraid that my sweet little girl is going to be a tomboy.

So we've noticed for months now that some of Em's favorite toys are actually Tanner's toys. She loves his squeaky soccer ball, his hacky-sac soccer ball, his tiny ball bones, his squishy baseball...you get the idea. And now she's starting to favor real, kid-sized soccer balls, her cousin Aaron's "Homer" baseball rocking thing-a-ma-jig, and pretty much anything that slightly resembles athletic balls. (Okay, that sounds terrible but I honestly can't think of another way to describe it). Her nanny even told my sister that she thinks Em wants a baby brother, because she only likes to play with things for boys!

But the latest thing to break my heart is that she HATES wearing bows. Every time we put one on, she'll pull it right out. This, in my opinion, is the absolute worst thing of all. I'm obsessed with her hair and her bows and am just devastated. She has over 100 bows. AND, I've even learned how to make them myself so that she can have bows to match every outfit. Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully this is just a phase she's going through. A phase that will pass say, tomorrow.

1 comment:

Christine said...

you used the word "thing-a-ma-jg"

i actually don't think that's a word....