I've had a letter in my purse for over two weeks now. Everytime I see it and remember that I actually need to address its contents, I put it back at the bottom of my purse and try to forget about it for another few days. So now the deadline is approaching. I have to fill out an "Authorization Agreement for Auto Pay of Tuition". No, I'm not going back to school. And neither is Donnie (for the time being). It's for Emily.
That's right. Emily. Baby Em has to start Kids Day Out next month. (Omg. I just typed that. Which means it's real. Double boo). I signed her up for this months ago, foolishly thinking that I could prepare myself in the meantime. Who am I kidding? I am not now, nor will I ever be, ready for her to go to school. Right now she is scheduled for Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. While I'd like to pull her from the class completely, I know that this is good for her. She will get to play with kids and learn things that Granny and her nanny cannot teach her...like speaking without an accent. (Just kidding!! That's awful. Seriously, I have high hopes that Em is going to be trilingual. See Wonder Child blog below).
Despite knowing that Em will come to love KDO and look forward to seeing all of her friends at school, I still need another push. Nothing like some good ole peer pressure. Others might see it as moral support. I don't. Nonetheless, my sister and I are buddying up and sending our babies to classes together since they are just about the same age. Wednesdays only. I really don't care that this school is hard to get into and that I was lucky to get Em in 3 days a week. I look at it as though I'm freeing up 2 spots for some other baby who has been on the wait list and is just dying to get in. Now if only I could muster up the courage to fill out this darn payment form.
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment